Melbourne Tomato Festival Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of tickets issued for entry into the Melbourne Tomato Festival (“the Event”). These terms and conditions are independent and are not intended to modify any terms and conditions applicable to the means you acquired the ticket.
“Ticket” means the ticket that you present to gain entry to the Event.
1. Each ticket allows the first person to present it at the event to gain entry to the Event. Your ticket is valuable, if you have any doubts it was lost or stolen, please contact Eventbrite.
2. People who cannot produce satisfactory evidence that they are entitled to a discounted ticket will be required to pay the difference in price for a full price ticket to enter the Event.
3. Attendees must submit to a search if requested to do so by the Festival Organiser.
4. Pass outs will not be issued unless otherwise advised by the Festival Organiser.
5. The ticket is non-refundable if you change your mind or are unable to attend the event.
6. Unless otherwise agreed the Festival Organiser will not issue an exchange or refund for a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed ticket.
7. The Festival Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry or require any person to leave the event who:
a. Cannot produce a valid ticket
b. Produces a ticket that has been purchased or obtained through an unauthorised source or through illegal means
c. Produces a ticket that has been duplicated
d. Is disruptive, noisy, smoking, engaging in threatening behaviour or who is otherwise offensive to other attendees
e. Intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
f. Attempts to bring in alcohol
g. Attempts to bring in items that may be offensive or inconsistent with the interests of the Festival Organiser, sponsors or attendees
h. Fails to comply with the directions of the Festival Organiser or their employees
8. Eventbrite is responsible for the creation and distribution of tickets.
9. The ticket is subject to the terms and conditions on the Eventbrite website.
10. The conduct of Eventbrite is governed by their terms and conditions.
11. The Event Organiser reserves the right to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to inclement weather, weather warnings or safety concerns which may adversely affect attendees and employees.
12. If the Event is cancelled refunds will only be issued if required by the applicable law.
13. This ticket entitles you to access to public areas only.
14. You must obey all signage and any directions from the Festival Organiser and their employees (directions will have priority over signage). The Festival Organiser and their employees may use reasonable force if necessary to give effect to any direction.
15. Scheduled events within the Event have limited capacity and the Festival Organiser cannot guarantee entry for all attendees.
16. The Festival Organiser reserves the right to add, vary, withdraw, reschedule or substitute and/or vary advertised programs, event participants and venue.
17. You may be photographed and/or filmed at the Event and you authorise the Festival Organiser without restriction to use these images for a variety of printed, online and broadcast promotional and/or internal purposes in perpetuity.
18. The Festival Organiser does not provide parking for the event and encourages the use of public transport.
19. The Australian Consumer Law and other laws provide you with certain rights which cannot be contracted out of. Otherwise to the full extent permitted by law, attendees waive all legal rights of action against and fully release the Festival Organiser, its agents, employees, and all other persons involved in the organisation, sponsorship and promotion of the event from all claims for compensation for loss, damage, injury or death howsoever arising out of or in relation to the attendees participation in the event including without limitation, liability for any negligent or tortious act or omission on the part of the persons released or under statute or for breach of these terms and conditions.
20. If any part of any of these Terms and Conditions are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be severed and does not affect the remaining part.
21. Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.